Tags

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Apr 9 14:11:11 PDT 2013

Linus Torvalds <torvalds at linux-foundation.org> writes:

> On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 1:20 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
>>
>> Please take a look at what I just pushed out to master. I think it could
>> use some TLC to make it into an even stronger feature. I'd love to have
>> someone look at the code in parse-xml/save-xml that I wrote to store
>> these tags as (non-translated!!!) text.
>
> I think that's disgusting.
>
> You save some random number that is just a totally unparseable bitmap.
> What's next? Do we start saving binary blobs?

Did I forget to push my second patch? No, it's out there...

No, we're not saving an unparsable bitmap. Jozef did and I instead
converted it to text strings just like we do for events. So a dive might
look like this:

<dive number='222' rating='5' visibility='1' tags='shore, deep, cavern' date='2013-03-25' time='13:51:00' duration='60:00 min'>

I hope this disgusts you less...