Problem with multiple selection

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Apr 10 10:14:44 PDT 2013

Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> writes:
>> The description:
>>
>> 1. Selecting first few (5-6) dives and marking them as invalid. They
>> disappeared - Displaying invalid dives in preferences must be off
>>
>> 2. Then select another few dives and edit them (let's say change the
>> visibility)
>
> How do you select those multiple dives? My bet is the bug is that
> Subsurface thinks that the invisible dives are still selected.
>
> Please select the first of those 'other' dives with a simple click (and
> then ctrl-click to add more dives). Does this still happen?
>
>> 3. After O.k. the last few and first 5 are selected. First 5 which were
>> alredy not displayed.
>
> Yes, assuming they stayed selection, the incorrect handling of "edit
> multiple dives" would cause that. I just pushed a fix for that.
> So with the latest master you should simply no tags (and a text
> explaining why) when you try this.
>
>> 4. Tagging as invalid does not work any more (callback for invalid is not
>> called). Then selected only first 5 again and marking as invalid also does
>> not work. Restart needed.
>>
>> Does anyone observe the same? To me it is GUI related and in such a case I
>> am lost.
>
> I think I can explain all of this. I will add some code to make sure
> that when dives are marked invalid they are automagically unselected :-)

And what a pain that was. As usual, when touching the selection logic.
I cannot wait to see if Qt will make this easier for us (I find it hard
to imagine how it could make it harder, though).

Anyway, I pushed something that I think will solve the issue. But given
that I touched code in the ugly underbelly of our selection tracking I
would love for people to review the code and most importantly test the
heck out of it.