Subject: Qt Resources or Directory Structure for icons?

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Fri Apr 12 13:00:52 PDT 2013

Amit Chaudhuri <amit.k.chaudhuri at gmail.com> writes:

> Tomaz,
>
> hope you feel better soon.
>
> Your code comparison (1 line for Qt; > 12 for gtk) is quite interesting.

And 24 lines of boiler plate hidden in some .h file, right?

(just kidding, just kidding)

> The sort of makefile rule we will need is likely to be very similar to that
> required for other Qt utilities, such as uic.  I doubt it will throw up
> major difficulties to the makefile authors.

I know that we have a volunteer to clean up / fix our Makefile. This
will happen next week. So let's not get too worked up about that :-)

> It's (maybe) worth pointing out that the same resource system can be used
> to other icons, such as those in the GTK menus at the moment.  I haven't
> yet worked out where those live in the source tree.  But once I know where
> they are, I'll happily start to put them into the menus.

The main menu bar is in gtk-gui.c (err, qt-gui.c). The context menues
are in a couple of places, the biggest one is in divelist-gtk.c