struct dive_table dive_table

Amit Chaudhuri amit.k.chaudhuri at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 09:30:00 PDT 2013

At parse-xml.c : 31 there is this: struct dive_table dive_table

I've written a very nasty piece of code which I need to debug.  So I'm
trying to use gdb to examine dive_table.  But using 'p dive_table'
generates an error: "Attempt to use a type name as an expression".

On #gdb someone suggested this: p *(struct dive_table*)0x6be970 which
works.  But it requires working out the address of dive_table which I did
using printf.  And it's quite long winded. Short of renaming variables
anyone got a neater method?

[I believe there is a bug filed for this in gdb land somewhere]