struct dive_table dive_table

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 17 14:36:28 PDT 2013

On 17 April 2013 23:59, Amit Chaudhuri <amit.k.chaudhuri at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm kind of wondering what I've tripped over here ! How interesting is this?

just try to set a breakpoint where the global is first used and obtain
the address for a particular case. there is not need to use printf, i
would think.

if you are not comfortable with the GDB command line i would
definitely recommend the tool "redhat insight", which is pretty much a
GUI wrapper for GDB and it should work fine with C++ (unless there are
more bugs). i've used that once explicitly to write an ARM version of
a crazy x86 expression evaluator that writes its block execution to
heap memory (which is AFAIK illegal on some popular mobile sandboxes)
and then executes them in block segments, neglecting common FPU
rounding and such. if it wasn't for that tool - i.e. viewing stack,
heap and CPU/COP registers at the same time in multiple windows, i
would probably have gone slightly more mad. so yes, the GUI approach
is definitely a recommendation for more complicated application level
debugging...

lubomir