Simplistig tag filtering

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Sun Apr 21 20:26:29 PDT 2013

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 3:59 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> I'm thinking about doing a 3.1 release and was going through the changes

Translations will require some work. At least the explanation for dive
planning has been changed and translations for it are not used (as they are
for the old wording). And I believe there are a couple of new strings that
need to be included in the translations as well.

I sent a patch for importing Suunto DM4 dives from XML format (exported one
by one from DM4) a couple of days ago (Apr 13). Should I resend or are they
in your backlog?

> that we have and realized that right now the tags were of excessively
> limited use. So to have at least one half assed use case I did a quick
> and dirty implementation of a "filter by tag". The filter isn't retained
> after you exit and the filter only supports an "AND" operation, i.e.,
> only dives that have ALL of the tags that you select (but possibly more
> than those) will be shown.
>
> The 'invalid' tag is of course now handled twice and in a mildly
> inconsistent fashion. But I think it's not too bad.

Was there other use case for the invalid tag than freedive?  Would it make
sense to change it to use name freedive instead?

> Please take a look, this was pushed to master.

First impression is positive. However, the "random" order of the tags is a
bit hard to grasp. Ordered by alphabet would be easier to search for tags.

A button to clear selection might be useful?

miika