why do we have a root item for DiveItem

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Apr 25 08:50:00 PDT 2013

Tomaz

Right now we have this odd root item that is created with the default
constructor... I'm not quite sure what the purpose of it is... but I'd
love to enforce that the struct dive *dive that we have in the DiveItem
is always != NULL. Which of course I can't do with the default
constructor...

My first guess was that this is so that the destructor can get rid of
all of the elements? If that's the case, then why not simply use the
first DiveItem that is created as the root?

Can you shed some light on this?

Thanks