Co-ordination between components of main Qt widget

Amit Chaudhuri amit.k.chaudhuri at gmail.com
Sun Apr 28 02:15:38 PDT 2013

Hi all,

I was mulling over how to get the treeview of dives to talk to other parts
of the main Qt widget.  I think we probably want a signal which can
indicate that the user has shifted from dive X to dive Y. I imagine it
would connect to other widgets such as the unwritten profile widget and the
info tab widget.

Anyone have views on the best way to go about that? I have seen some
implementations where a centralised signalling widget is used to marshal
signals from multiple places and publish them from one. Not sure if we need
that here, but when things get involved it can be nice to only connect to
one place to receive signals from many directions.

Thiago/Tomaz, the view seems to signal based on mouse behaviour rather than
keyboard changes.  Have either of you had any experience of re-wiring
things to catch both types of user selection? Anything you'd like to see or
guidance on things to avoid?