Galileo TriMix / IrDA

William Perry wmperry at gmail.com
Tue Apr 30 07:59:34 PDT 2013

I don't end up with a ttyUSBxxx device, probably because irattach craps out too early to do much of anything.  I am going to borrow an adapter or two from other folks at the local shop and see if I have any better luck.  I have been trying to convince the ScubaPro tech people to just contribute to something like libdivecomputer for ~4 years with no luck.  Why they would want to spend actual money developing moderately functional log software is beyond me.  They just don't get my argument to let folks like Subsurface or MacDive write a kick-ass UI and database and the support for their computers comes for effectively free with one contribution to libdivecomputer.   I think they assume I am pitching some sort of contract work to them -- they just can't comprehend the amount of time and effort folks will expend to use their preferred OS and programs.

-bill