Galileo TriMix / IrDA

Robert Helling helling at lmu.de
Tue Apr 30 08:19:15 PDT 2013

On 30.04.2013, at 16:39, Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn <cristian.ionescu-idbohrn at axis.com> wrote:

Hi,

>> I might have to change the permissions of /dev/ttyUSBX
>
> You don't.
> Add yourself to the 'dialout' group and forget about serial device access ;)

even if it does not apply to irda it does for USB devices that present themselves as serial ports. I think we should add this to the documentation at least for Ubuntu users that you want to do something like

sudo adduser <username> dialout

so that you can write to the USB adapter. Doing a chmod is not good as Ubuntu 'corrects' this on reboot.

Best
Robert

                      Scientific Coordinator
print "Just another   Phone: +49 89 2180-4523  Theresienstr. 39, rm. B339
   stupid .sig\n";    http://www.atdotde.de