Working towards 3.1 [was: Re: Galileo TriMix / IrDA]

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Apr 30 08:26:55 PDT 2013

On Tue, 2013-04-30 at 17:19 +0200, Robert Helling wrote:
> On 30.04.2013, at 16:39, Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn <cristian.ionescu-idbohrn at axis.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> >> I might have to change the permissions of /dev/ttyUSBX
> >
> > You don't.
> > Add yourself to the 'dialout' group and forget about serial device access ;)
> >

> even if it does not apply to irda it does for USB devices that present themselves as serial ports. I think we should add this to the documentation at least for Ubuntu users that you want to do something like
>
> sudo adduser <username> dialout
>
> so that you can write to the USB adapter. Doing a chmod is not good as Ubuntu 'corrects' this on reboot.

Can you send a signed off patch to the documentation? :-)

I really wanted to do a 3.1 release just about now but obviously we
aren't quite ready, yet... but if those of you not occupied with the Qt
work wouldn't mind looking over the translations and documentation and
any other lose ends, that would be extremely useful

Thanks