Galileo TriMix / IrDA

Janice McLaughlin janice at moremobilesoftware.com
Tue Apr 30 09:48:21 PDT 2013

On Apr 30, 2013, at 8:16 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> It's called brand equity. They want to have their own software that only
> supports their own dive computers. We actually have great working
> relationship with several brands of dive computers (heinrichs & weikamp,
> Shearwater Research, Uemis, Atomics Aquatics, Mares...) and some of them
> have their own software and some of them simply recommend ours. Other
> vendors (first and foremost Suunto and Cochran, but there are more) are
> actively hostile to us and go out of their way NOT to support us.
>
> ScubaPro is somewhere in the middle, I guess. :-/

Just FYI for some additional clarification. I exchanged email with someone at ScubaPro about getting information from them for the IrDA download support for Dive Log Manager. ScubaPro seemed amenable and *they* forwarded me to UWatec who then declined to answer (3 separate requests). It's really 2 companies, not 1. Which is I think why it's somewhat "in the middle".

Janice