Working towards 3.1 [was: Re: Galileo TriMix / IrDA]

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Apr 30 11:16:04 PDT 2013

On Tue, 2013-04-30 at 18:54 +0300, Miika Turkia wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 30, 2013 at 6:26 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org>
> wrote:
>         On Tue, 2013-04-30 at 17:19 +0200, Robert Helling wrote:
>         > On 30.04.2013, at 16:39, Cristian Ionescu-Idbohrn
>         <cristian.ionescu-idbohrn at axis.com> wrote:
>         >
>         > Hi,
>         >
>         > >> I might have to change the permissions of /dev/ttyUSBX
>         > >
>         > > You don't.
>         > > Add yourself to the 'dialout' group and forget about
>         serial device access ;)
>         > >
>         >
>         >
>         > even if it does not apply to irda it does for USB devices
>         that present themselves as serial ports. I think we should add
>         this to the documentation at least for Ubuntu users that you
>         want to do something like
>         >
>         > sudo adduser <username> dialout
>         >
>         > so that you can write to the USB adapter. Doing a chmod is
>         not good as Ubuntu 'corrects' this on reboot.
>
>         Can you send a signed off patch to the documentation? :-)
>
>         I really wanted to do a 3.1 release just about now but
>         obviously we
>         aren't quite ready, yet... but if those of you not occupied
>         with the Qt
>         work wouldn't mind looking over the translations and
>         documentation and
>         any other lose ends, that would be extremely useful
>

> There are two more strings that should be pushed to transifex.

I pushed everything to Transifex and pulled all the translations that we
had there. This turned into a monster commit, but now master should be
back up to date.

I also fixed the one string with \% instead of %% which made Transifex
unhappy...

If you are one of the translators, please take a look at Transifex and
see if you can update just the 'subsurface' component. I don't think
we'll use the localized readme for now...

Thanks