making the latest

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Mon Aug 5 03:48:31 PDT 2013

Some of the instructions on http://subsurface.hohndel.org/building/ are
incomplete or wrong. That is at least true for building from the latest
sources. In the first section describing what extra dependencies must be
installed for building under Fedora, openSUSE, Ubuntu, and Debian

 Miika Turkla advised I also install libzip-dev, asciidoc (and apparently
the README did not list asciidoc), and libqt4-dev. He also suggested I run
sudo apt-get build-dep subsurface

 Chris Lewis advised I install qt4-qmake

 I also needed to install libmarble-dev

 A lot of these may only be needed for the qt branch you all are working
on, but the build instructions already try to cover building the latest,
not just the last release.

 The instructions for getting libdivecomputer point at an obsolete version
on sourceforge so the correct git command is

  git clone git://get.libdivecomputer.org/libdivecomputer.git

 I can't speak to whether any of the names are different for non-debian
distros or if the changes are needed for Windows or Macintosh.

 I hope this is clear and Dirk will be able to get the web page fixed up
though I know he is on vacation. Does this sort of thing need to be put
into trac?