Compiling Under CygWin/Win64

Robert Wolfe robert.wolfe at robertwolfe.org
Tue Aug 6 07:14:04 UTC 2013

Good morning all!  Discovered yesterday that there is now an x86_64 version of Cygwin now available so I decided to try and build Subsurface under it, starting with libdivecomputer.

The automake and make steps worked fine without any errors.  However, the make process itself failed as follows:

serial_posix.c: In function 'serial_open':

serial_posix.c:114:25: error: 'TIOCEXCL' undeclared (first use in this function)

if (ioctl (device->fd, TIOCEXCL, NULL) != 0) {

^

serial_posix.c:114:25: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in

serial_posix.c: In function 'serial_get_transmitted':

serial_posix.c:753:25: error: 'TIOCOUTQ' undeclared (first use in this function)

if (ioctl (device->fd, TIOCOUTQ, &bytes) != 0) {

^

Makefile:528: recipe for target `serial_posix.lo' failed

make[3]: *** [serial_posix.lo] Error 1

make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/robert.wolfe/libdivecomputer-0.4.1/src'

Makefile:368: recipe for target `all' failed

make[2]: *** [all] Error 2

make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/robert.wolfe/libdivecomputer-0.4.1/src'

Makefile:398: recipe for target `all-recursive' failed

make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/robert.wolfe/libdivecomputer-0.4.1'

Makefile:306: recipe for target `all' failed

make: *** [all] Error 2

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I do not know where the problem lies here or if I should try the latest source code from the git repo?

"In personal conversations with technical people, I call myself a hacker. But
when I'm talking to journalists I just say 'programmer' or something like
that."  -- Linus Torvalds