next steps (and sorry for having disappeared)

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 09:46:29 PDT 2013

On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 8:09 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> Ignoring my issues, let's talk about a 4.0 BETA release. Can we figure
> out a list of things that need to be fixed before we can ship something
> out that's somehow marked as "hey, new and shiny, but maybe not 100%
> there, yet"?

Improving the initial configuration of Subsurface would be first thing. The
"Default Dive file" selector is not working. One has to type in the path
and file name manually. (Xubuntu 13.04)

The world map is somehow not working on my new laptop. Map scaling is not
working. When I try to zoom in the dive location flags indicate that zoom
level is working, but I am stuck on globe view and naturally the dive spot
markers are on wrong oceans. I have the following error message on terminal:
QPixmap::scaled: Pixmap is a null pixmap

Selecting a new dive on the list takes close to 2 seconds of time, so quite
unfrendly user experience.

Multidive editing!

Who has actually used Subsurface master on dive trips recently and can
> provide real life feedback on what still needs work?

Not me, but planning on doing so shortly.

miika