next steps (and sorry for having disappeared)

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Tue Aug 6 12:00:28 PDT 2013

On Sun, Aug 4, 2013 at 10:09 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> Linus, how are we doing compared to your latest "usability rants"?

Things I'd consider show-stoppers wrt editing, because they make
things *so* inconvenient and non-obvious:

 - the "This dive is being edited" only shows up for dive notes

 - you cannot scroll-wheel (or click on) the dive notes without the
"you're now editing" thing happening

 - buddy and suit fields have no auto-completion.

I finally broke down and made myself a trac account, so there are
tickets for this now (175-177).

I also think the lack of multi-dive editing is problematic, but that's
not so much Qt-UI as basic code, so I can try to tackle that myself
once the basics are in place.

                   Linus