Qt strangeness, object creation order in maintab.ui seems to matter.

Michael Andreen harv at ruin.nu
Thu Aug 8 03:47:53 UTC 2013

Hi,

I've been playing around with some minor ui modifications, mainly adding a
line edit to maintab.ui. However, when I edit the ui with Qt Creator it
rearranges objects so they are not created in the top-down order they were
before.

For some reason this makes the save and undo buttons start to misbehave, a
double-click is required to take the right action, a single click will hide
the message about the dive being edited, but it won't enable the dive list
again.

If I edit ui_maintab.h manually and put the creation of the buttons at the end
then things work again. Also reordering them manually by editing maintab.ui
does the same thing.

I can't find anything in the subsurface code that requires this ordering, is
it a Qt issue? This is on a mostly stable gentoo linux, with both qt 4.8.4 and
4.8.5. Qt Creator 2.7.2 and 2.8.0.

Using Qt Designer causes less reordering, so using it seems to be a workaround
for now.

/Michael