SubSurface development

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 14:53:19 UTC 2013

Unfortunately, just changing the prefix setting in the MakeFile caused a
problem so make would not work.  Somehow it ended up adding some space to
the interior of a path.

As you suggested, I can just run the development version out of the
development directory.  Unfortunately, that ends up storing or looking for
some files in the same place for both versions.  There really needs to be a
cleaner way to run both on the same machine independently of each other
without actually using a virtual machine.

Ah well, bigger fish to fry!

On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 6:36 PM, Thiago Macieira <thiago at macieira.org> wrote:

> On segunda-feira, 5 de agosto de 2013 16:46:42, Dazed_75 wrote:
> > What is the most convenient way to run both the release version and the
> > latest development version of SubSurface on a single machine?  Preferably
> > at the same time.  I could run one in a virtual machine, but maybe you
> > folks have a better method.
>
> Hello
>
> You should be able to install the latest release version from the Windows
> or
> Mac binaries, if you're on those platforms. It will not interfere with the
> development.
>
> If you're on Linux, you can download the sources and build, or you can
> check
> out from Git. To run both development and released versions, you can
> define a
> different install prefix for the development version. Or simply don't run
> "make
> install" in the development.
>
> --
>    Software Architect - Intel Open Source Technology Center
>       PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
>       E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

Please protect my address like I protect yours. When sending messages to
multiple recipients, use the BCC: (Blind carbon copy). Remove addresses
from a forwarded message body before clicking Send.