problem with divings in "apnea" mode - uwatec 2g

Jef Driesen jefdriesen at telenet.be
Fri Aug 16 01:21:05 UTC 2013

On 2013-08-13 19:39, Andrzej Dopierała wrote:
> Hi!
> Last week i had 2 scuba divings and few short apnea divings.
> Unfortunly - before apnea divings i had computer in "apnea mode",
> which i can't changed in 48hours... so - i dived with second borrowed
> computer, my uwatec used only to record divings.
>
> After import from uwatec - i see that something is wrong.
> First - it import all apnea divings (ok), but - with weirdy times -
> for example session with 9 short apnea diving, where total time in
> water tok 52 minuts - it shows as 155 minuts (on diagram) / 12 min (on
> summary) - like in first attached png.
>
> Second problem - scuba diving, which tok 50 minuts look like on second
> attached png file - it show like 140 minuts (the same problem is for
> second scuba diving).
> Is anything what can i do with it? how to fix this diving to "normal"
> times?

This is most likely, because in freedive mode the dive is recorded with
a higher sample rate. For a normal dive the sample rate is always 4
seconds. I quickly checked the Uwatec manual, and for apnea dives it
says: "the logbook is updated every second". Thus a sample rate of only
1 second.

The first step to fix this will to figure out where and how the freedive
mode is stored.

Jef