Comments and bugs - Was: Fixes for Today

miika.turkia at gmail.com miika.turkia at gmail.com
Fri Aug 16 22:48:55 UTC 2013

This was indeed a critical fix for me. Now I can actually use the qt version on this trip. And while using the qt version I have encountered something  annoying on dc download and some other comments and bugs as well:

The trip header is discarded and normal dive row is shown instead on the trip header (empty data).

I also had quite a bit of trouble downloading from my second dc. Only 6 dives were downloaded instead of 12. No idea why, and with a couple of tries with dl all flagged I got it all out finally. Gtk version had no trouble on this dl at all.

Prioritizing the autocomplete with lastly used hit first (and then maybe alphabetically) would fasten the inputting on this kind of trip with same buddy and dive guide. Of course prefilling with previous dive info (within the same trip) would be even faster.

The order of tabbing through dm, suit, buddy is wrong. Should be: dm, buddy, suit (IMO).

The world map is not working for me, zooming is broken due to null pixmap (xubuntu 13.04, worked fine on ubuntu 12.04).

Thats it for now. Boat is leaving, more testing to follow.

Btw the maillist might be missing, cannot fix the recipients with this mobile..

MiikaOn 13.8.2013 21:31 Dirk Hohndel wrote:
On Tue, 2013-08-13 at 15:06 -0300, Tomaz Canabrava wrote:
> Today I added the first version of the 'autocomplete' on dive-edition
> ( no multi-dive yet, will try that tomorrow. )
> I know that there are a few things to improve ( like what I did in the
> equipment tab ) and I 'll get there in time.
> I'v tried to use QComboBoxes on the edition but when a dive was
> entered via command line ( the divefile loading )
> things didn't quite worked in the way that I wanted, so I got back to
> using QLineEdit. wich means that There's no
> drop down list that will be shown by pressing the arrow up and arrow
> down key. anyhow, I ask you guys to test this
> changes, and remember that I'm your happy developer, so don't hit me. :)
> ( and there's a couple of other bugs closed too. ^^ )

I love it. HUGE step in the right direction.

Pushed.

Linus, can you try this to give Tomaz your famous honest feedback? :-)

/D

PS: once again a boost header snuck in...