Multi Dive Edition - Path

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Sat Aug 17 02:05:16 UTC 2013

Hola,

this seems like a good start. I have only done a basic test with my newest
donwload, but whatever is in the Dive Notes tab seems to be working (at
least with the new dives). However, I think it is this patch that messes up
the screen layout on the Dive Notes tab, see the attachment. Also the dive
information when one hovers over the graph is not updating. I am pretty
sure it worked before this patch. (I need to keep mouse button pressed or
click on the graph to get the info updated. I can live with both ways but
if the change was un-intentional...)

Visual feedback is lacking when on multi-dive editing mode, text talks
about single dive editing and there should be something that stands out
when on multi-dive editing mode. At least the text could say: Editing dives
10-13,14,... or Editing 4 dives. I think there was also some discussion
regarding multi-dive editing and how to overwrite and not overwrite
existing information when the same feature was implemented in Gtk version.
That should discussion be dug out as there were many good points to take
into account.

Multi-dive editing should be also expanded to the equipment tab, allowing
one to set the size of the cylinder and configuring the weight system.

Now that I am also looking at git diff, it seems that the multi-dive
editing touches an extra dive on top of the selection. However, when trying
to replicate this, it does not occur again. I will keep my eyes open if
this was me messing around or a bug in Subsurface.

miika