Multi Dive Edition - Path

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 04:13:27 UTC 2013

On Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 1:45 PM, Miika Turkia <miika.turkia at gmail.com>wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 17, 2013 at 1:44 PM, Tomaz Canabrava <tcanabrava at kde.org>wrote:
>
>> Miika,
>>
>> The visual glitch that you showed on the print should be fixed by a patch
>> that I send a few days ago ( trip selection then dive selection messes up
>> the layout), I'll try here again to see if I messed anything up in that
>> regard
>>
> OK, I just used the multi-dive editing branch as is. So it could well be
> fixed in master.

I tested this yesterday on master and it worked properly.

>>  About the equipments, I didn't realized that they where also part of
>> the multi edition, will update the diff.
>>
>> What graph information doesn't get updated when you hover it? ( just woke
>> up. )
>>

> On the top left corner of the dive profile, there is an Information box.
> This used to be updated automatically when I moved the mouse over the dive
> graph.

This also seems to work in master the same way it does in multi-dive
editing. Must be some previous change that changed the behavior.

>  And, from the diff, multi dive editing will change every dive marked as
>> 'selected', so it can't mark one above.
>>
> Seems that this bug is reproducable. Not exactly sure whether it is
> related to multi-dive editing or single dive editing but here is how I got
> it to occur again:
> - Download new dives from DC
> - Select them all and set common data in multi-dive edit mode
> - Input the unique information on each dive
>  -> The latest dive (the one already stored on my log file yesterday) was
> updated with the same information as the latest edit on the new batch

There is no need to do any multi-dive editing to reproduce this problem. I
just downloaded todays dives and got the bug reproduced even when editing
dives individually only. So simpler way to reproduce:
- Download divew from DC
- Edit the new dives (location, notes)
-> Check how the saved log file is changed

miika