subsurface newcomer

Danilo Cesar danilo.eu at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 19:04:59 UTC 2013

hi subsurface devs,

I'm planning to use subsurface as my divelog app and I have some
doubts/comments/patches about it:

1 - Tried to open the manual and faced some rendering problems [1].
The user-manual html code was ok, so I believe that QTextBrowser might
not be powerful enough to render that. I changed it to QWebView and it
now works. (patch 0001)

2 - I made some tests with the dive planner and realize it doesn't
consider MOD or deco limits for a gas change. Do you have plans to
support those things? (Actually, I just realize it's only a
graphicscene with some marks. Still under development?)
Also, the gas change is being opened as a regular dialog, which shows
it in the task bar and places it behind the app window during an alt
tab. Fixed that to a regular pop-up (0002 patch).

3 - Had some problems with a Mares Matrix computer. I had to try three
times before being able to download anything from it. I believe the
error was "Unexpected answer byte" inside mares_iconhd.c, however I
can't reproduce it anymore (it happened on two different computers,
both running debian sid amd64).

4 - I had a situation once where I had to prove I did more than 50
dives to be allowed to do a discover tec at 60m deep (I didn't have my
old gekko with me). Is there any way to export the subsurface data to
another place (like android or even the cloud)?

* I'm using the master branch btw...

Well, that's all.

BR,

Danilo Cesar