SubSurface Enhancement Proposal

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 23:44:52 UTC 2013

On Fri, Aug 23, 2013 at 3:58 PM, Tomaz Canabrava <tcanabrava at kde.org> wrote:

> Em 23/08/2013 19:16, "Dazed_75" <lthielster at gmail.com> escreveu:
>

> > I've waited 9 days in the hopes of seeing further comments.  I must say
> I am truly amazed not to see more interest.
>
> Don't take as that, really. We got just lack of manpower.  I for instance
> would like to see those features implemented, but who will? I might, in the
> future, as soon as I finish the features that I'm trying to add now... But
> I can't add now anything before finishing the port to qt because if I try
> to do that, I'll never finish the software.

I was not looking for anything right away other than comments whether
people liked the ideas or not.  If you go back and read it again, I was
saying that IF people were interested I would then put in a ticket and
begin working on it myself.

>  > I and as many as 2-300 others have had these features in MSDOS and
> Windows or Linux and DOSBOX for 25 years.  I don't like losing them but
> since I have no interest in forking and all that goes with that, I guess
> they are not going to happen.
>
> Why don't you help me on the port and as soon as we finish it, we discuss
> about a next version with your ideas? I plan to do a "plugin" module to
> subsurface, and this ideas of you could be easily integrated as plug-ins.

I did not volunteer to work on the Qt port because I know little more than
how to spell Qt.  I looked at some Qt tools and documents and could see it
would be a big learning curve.  NTL, that has some appeal. However, I saw
little in the way of positive response so maybe there are not enough people
who want it to warrant working on my proposed ideas.