bugfixes

Henrik Brautaset Aronsen subsurface at henrik.synth.no
Mon Aug 26 09:23:09 UTC 2013

Tomaz Canabrava wrote:
> A few bugfixes for today on the globe and the information panel,
> branch tcanabrava/zoomSlider. I also added a bit of code to handle the
> new library of marble, so if anyone has an older library please talk
> to me if anything strange appears ( should appear a zoom slider, as
> the branch name says. ).

The zoom slider is nice (I've missed this!), but it takes too much space
IMHO.  Could we have the only the slider on top of the map, and none of
the buttons?

> There's also a new branch named movablePanels where I managed to make
> subsurface be a '4' panels app that can be moved around in and out the
> mainwindow. I ask people to try it and see if it's acceptable, there
> should be a few bugs on it but the ctrl + 1, 2,3, 4, 5 stuff works.
> now **if** you mess completely the window, there's no way to go back,
> close and reopen the application. I put a bit of love, but not much,
> on this branch because I didn't know if that behavior would be
> acceptable, so I made something just barely functional for you people
> to try.

The movable panels were too confusing (at least to me).  If we want to
provide different layouts, we might do that the way some email clients
does, with a couple of pre-defined layouts.   But I don't really think
it's necessary.

Henrik