picture of the will-be dive planner

Lubomir I. Ivanov neolit123 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 02:48:46 UTC 2013

On 27 August 2013 12:28, Anton Lundin <glance at acc.umu.se> wrote:
> On 26 August, 2013 - Tomaz Canabrava wrote:
>
>> http://snag.gy/WfgDG.jpg
>>
>> people, comment on it please. it's in heavly modifications so I need a bit
>> of feedback.
>>

> Hi Tomaz!
>
> Asum work. It starts to look really good. Some points do:
>
> * Tabbing order between textboxes is really weird
> * Moving "dots" is strange. If its to heavy to repaint the whole graph
>   while moving dots, maybe a mouseover showing time-depth while
>   dragging them around?
> * When adding a dot that produces deco-obligation the scale of the graph
>   is changed, and thats fine, but there is no feedback to the user what
>   just happened.

haven't tested the new code, but i was going to suggest an
"auto-calculate" checkbox next to a "calculate" button at the bottom
right of the graph. with "auto-calculate" ticked the "calculate"
button is disabled, which this means calculation will be performed
each time a point is changed or added. this is obviously the solution
for faster machines. for slower machines users can tick-off
"auto-calculate" and manually press the "calculate" button once they
have made changes to the points. this way the calculation will be
performed only once.

also calling the deco algorithm in a new thread might be a good idea,
so that it does not stall the main thread.

lubomir