Mares Dive Organiser data import to subsurface

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Mon Dec 2 12:07:31 UTC 2013

On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 11:52 AM, Willem Ferguson
<willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za> wrote:
> Looks like Mares Dive Organiser saves dives as a database in a zipped .sdf
> format, the latter format written by Microsoft SQL Compact edition. What is
> the existing infrastructure for reading such files? Not sure that there are
> C++ classes to do this sort of thing, i.e. outside of MS.NET.

We've supported similar things for the Suunto DM4 format, which is a
zipped sqlite database.

However, that was easy since sqlite is open-source and you can easily
find bindings for it. I know of no equivalent library to access the
MSSQL CE format. So I don't really see it being supported, although
maybe somebody could write a simple Windows app that uses the MS
libraries to read the Dive Organizer files and writes them out as
XML..

                Linus