Mares Dive Organiser data import to subsurface

Olivier Bussier olivier at bussier.fr
Mon Dec 2 12:28:15 UTC 2013

Hello,

1/ I'm using Mares Wide 2, same libdivecomputer driver than Mares ICON HD.
2/ I helped Jef in the past to solve an issue on libdivecomputer regarding
gas mix management for Wide 2, as it was a little bit different on Icon HD.

Regarding Mares database :

I've also installed DIve Organizer, and tried (as lot of people I suppose)
to read SQL file generated by Dive Organizer
Unfortunately, this file is cyphered by the software...

I also noticed that the website divelogs.de has an import function for the
Mares SQL file, they surely have the answer ...

Best regards
Olivier

2013/12/2 Linus Torvalds <torvalds at linux-foundation.org>

> On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 11:52 AM, Willem Ferguson
> <willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za> wrote:
> > Looks like Mares Dive Organiser saves dives as a database in a zipped
> .sdf
> > format, the latter format written by Microsoft SQL Compact edition. What
> is
> > the existing infrastructure for reading such files? Not sure that there
> are
> > C++ classes to do this sort of thing, i.e. outside of MS.NET.
>
> We've supported similar things for the Suunto DM4 format, which is a
> zipped sqlite database.
>
> However, that was easy since sqlite is open-source and you can easily
> find bindings for it. I know of no equivalent library to access the
> MSSQL CE format. So I don't really see it being supported, although
> maybe somebody could write a simple Windows app that uses the MS
> libraries to read the Dive Organizer files and writes them out as
> XML..
>
>                 Linus

 ("< | Olivier Bussier
 / ) | 06 03 25 50 50