ideas for tasks before christmas

Thiago Macieira thiago at macieira.org
Tue Dec 3 13:57:11 UTC 2013

On terça-feira, 3 de dezembro de 2013 23:26:20, Lubomir I. Ivanov wrote:
> On 3 December 2013 22:12, Lubomir I. Ivanov <neolit123 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > hello,
> >
> > ok, i've been looking at track and i mostly see things that involve
> > certain things such as "suuto xx can't download", "sac values are
> > wrong", "can't set up linux USB download" or similar (please, do not
> > read the quoted text directly).
> >
> > i've been testing the app on Win32 as much as i can and i can't fault
> > it...
> >
> > tomaz, thiago, dirk, linus,
>
> thiago, if you are way busy with you work, i can perhaps also suggest
> finishing the netcode you are working on right now for the
> webservices?
> i have experience with that in platforms other than Qt, but i can
> perhaps get it to work, without much ML questions...

Hi Lubomir

The network code itself is done. You can find it at
git://github.com/thiagomacieira/subsurface.git on branch improve-
subsurfaceweb. I've just rebased it.

However, it's missing three things before we can integrate it:
 - confirm that the downloaded dives from hohndel.org are getting integrated
   properly into the dive list (fix it if not)
 - write the code that merges the downloaded dives from divelogs.de
 - write the code that generates the data to be uploaded to divelogs.de

The Gtk version had support for uploading, so you should be able to extract
from the old version the code to create a .zip file to be posted. Once the .zip
file is created, the code I wrote should already work (but is untested).

      PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
      E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358