Subsurface help

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Dec 4 11:04:04 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-12-04 at 13:40 -0500, Benjamin Achtenberg wrote:
> Good Afternoon!
>

> I have been an avid user of Diving Log, but was looking for something
> that worked well on *Nix and Windows.  I came across Subsurface and
> wanted to offer my assistance with documentation or anything that I
> can assist with.  I have dabbled in code and can possibly do some very
> basic assistance there.  One of my goals is to resurrect the
> development of PHPdivinglog eventually.
>

> Please let me know if I can be of assistance!

We are preparing for an Subsurface 4 release in a couple of weeks.

What would be extremely helpful right now is
a) reviewing the translations we have... I'm guessing your native
language is German?
b) reviewing, providing feedback, suggestions and improvements for the
documentation

I don't know how familiar you are with git and other tools, so I don't
want to bore you to death with instructions, but if you need help
getting the latest version to work, please let us know.

There is usually always someone knowledgeable in the #subsurface channel
on Freenet.