Subsurface help

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Wed Dec 4 11:15:22 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-12-04 at 14:10 -0500, Benjamin Achtenberg wrote:
> It is actually English, German last name but I only know about 5 words
> of German.

Serves me well. My apologies.

> I can definitely assist with option B.  I have used GIT before, more
> recently I have used SVN but I should be able to make my way through
> getting it setup.

svn is tragic. Oops.

> I will get mIRC setup and hope into #subsurface soon.

Cool. I think the first steps should be:

- get the latest sources and build Subsurface. A word of warning: native
builds on Windows are extremely hard and not really supported. We have
one person who does that, everyone else builds on Linux or Mac. Our
Windows binaries are actually cross built from Linux :-)

- play with Subsurface 3.9.1-115-gd7a19b318e3e (or whatever is the
latest when you pull)

- read the documentation, help improve it

We know that the screenshots of the documentation need to be redone -
we'll do that right before the release as there is still UI work being
done :-)

> Thank you for letting me help!

Thanks for helping!