Data format error on import from HelO2

Jef Driesen jef at libdivecomputer.org
Thu Dec 5 05:05:41 UTC 2013

On 2013-12-02 22:43, Henrik Brautaset Aronsen wrote:
> I got this when I imported from my Suunto HelO2 into Subsurface:
>
> QPixmap::scaled: Pixmap is a null pixmap
> [45.401] ERROR: Skipping incomplete dive. [in suunto_common2.c:425
> (suunto_common2_device_foreach)]

Partial dives are not supposed to be present. If libdivecomputer detects
a partial dive, it will ignore that dive and continue downloading the
other dives. Only at the end of the download, when all other dives have
been downloaded successfully, it will return the error to the
application. This is a workaround to make sure you can still download
the good dives.

See commit b7a6be15ca58cc8f89fbc8fa1a4c840e13d51092 for more info.

> [55.200] ERROR: Failed to receive the answer. [in suunto_vyper2.c:207
> (suunto_vyper2_device_packet)]
> [104.990] ERROR: Failed to receive the answer. [in suunto_vyper2.c:207
> (suunto_vyper2_device_packet)]
> [125.581] ERROR: Failed to receive the answer. [in suunto_vyper2.c:207
> (suunto_vyper2_device_packet)]
> [159.175] ERROR: Failed to receive the answer. [in suunto_vyper2.c:207
> (suunto_vyper2_device_packet)]

These are likely temporary failures. These happen sometimes. Nothing to
worry about. The internal error recovery will take care of them, and
automatically retry the failed packet...

> [159.175] ERROR: Failed to read the memory. [in suunto_common2.c:375
> (suunto_common2_device_foreach)]

...unless you get too many failures for the same packet. Then it turns
into a fatal error, and the download will abort.

> 2013-12-02 22:16:04.058 Subsurface[546:507] modalSession has been
> exited prematurely - check for a reentrant call to endModalSession:
>
> .. and the download dialog just closed.  Not good.  It usually just
> goes back to the download dialog with a retry button.

If libdivecomputer returned an error as it should, then I suspect this
might be a subsurface issue. I have no idea what modalSession is about,
but my first guess would be some Qt related.

> I don't know if Subsurface or libdivecomputer is to blame, so I'm
> including both lists.  I tried the libdivecomputer universal app (from
> HEAD @ 8e0355c), which finished at 100% with:
>
> Destroying the parser.
> universal.c:746: Error downloading the dives.
> Result: Data format error
>
> Here are the logs:
>
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1087529/output2.log
> https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1087529/output2.xml

This is the same "Skipping incomplete dive" error. Other than that, the
download looks fine.

Jef