Weird map display when offline

Lutz Vieweg lvml at 5t9.de
Sat Dec 7 10:49:33 UTC 2013

It's no surprise that the map display isn't fully functional
when there is no InterNet connection, but one behaviour I
found strange - to reproduce:

- disconnect from the InterNet
- choose some dive in the list that does not yet have a
   location associated
- using the globe view, choose some remote location that
   you have not been looking at before - the display will
   of course show very coarse pixels at that time, that's ok.
- now back at the "all" view, choose some other dive with
   location information - the map display will move/update,
   quality depending of course on the cached map tiles
- choose the previous dive again that you chose the location
   for while offline.

My expectation at this point would be to see the map
as course as it was when choosing the location offline.
But what I really see at this time is a strangely garbled map
where non-neighbouring tiles from very different positions
overlap and the location of the dive marker is somewhat random.

Since the display looks fine after going online again, this
is probably just a cosmetic issue and does not need urgent fixing.

Regards,

Lutz Vieweg