Documentation build is broken

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Tue Dec 10 05:25:09 UTC 2013

I am not sure where the line 11 of user-manual.txt comes from because
there is NO info about the style sheet in the .txt file.
What I see from here is that the build is ok (in V8.6.7), but that the
link from the help menu item in the Subsurface main menu does not work.
A good test is to see whether the font is serif or sans serif. If its
serif, then it did NOT find the css style sheet. All text should be sans
serif.

If one looks at
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15869452/asciidoc-how-to-specify-html-output-fonts
there is possibly a discrepancy between the way that pre-v8.6.6 works
and those AFTER 8.6.5. I suspect that the instruction for locating the
stylesheet also differs between these versions, since they are kept in
different folders in the two systems. If these interpretations are
indeed correct, it looks like some adaptation of the makefile may be
warranted, starting with asciidoc --version. But then a working
formulation for 8.6.5 needs to be found first.
For general info see:
http://asciidoctor.org/docs/produce-custom-themes-using-asciidoctor-stylesheet-factory/
, about a third of the way down that web page.
and http://www.lco.cl/operations/web-site-documentation/Using_AsciiDoc.html

By default the css is included in the xhtml that is generated. This is
the safe position if someone wishes to download a manual from the web.
The name of the style sheet used is about the 8th line from the top of
the html code generated and should say compact.css (I will edit this a
bit for a patch on Friday to clearly indicate the provenance and use of
this particular css file)

Kind regards,
willemf