Mac issues Re: Language warning in preferences is annoying

Anton Lundin glance at acc.umu.se
Fri Dec 13 09:08:14 UTC 2013

On 13 December, 2013 - Dirk Hohndel wrote:

> On Fri, 2013-12-13 at 09:01 +0100, Robert Helling wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > On 12.12.2013, at 06:53, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:
> >
> > > if you open the Subsurface preferences dialog for
> > > the first time on a machine (or for the first time since we added the
> > > language selection), the state of the language selection ended up
> > > inconsistent -
> >
> > speaking of which: On my Mac, the language selection is completely empty. Both for self built and for the last beta DMG from the webpage. But it does in fact use the German locale for me.
>
> I am finally back home and have access to my Mac again. My UPS failed
> while I was gone and took one of the routers in my home network (don't
> ask). I'll take a look at that if no one else gets to it first.
>
> But please file a blocker bug on this one.
>
> > To other things I noticed:
> >
> > It still seems to use the local marble libs that I have installed. This results results in a crash when running the from the downloaded DMG unless I delete them from /usr/local/lib
>
> I wish I knew what to do about it. It's clear that Marble has some
> hard-coded paths and prefers them to whatever we do when trying to tell
> it where to find its files.
>
> We may have to patch the Marble sources for our Mac builds.

I would guess that this could have something to do with that the marble
for Mac OS X is built with -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr/local ?

You could try the mac dmg that i built from a marble with another
MAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX, that is laying on:
http://www.acc.umu.se/~glance/Subsurface-3.9.2-143-g86d4a3db92ad.dmg

//Anton

--