merge window for Subsurface 4.1 is open

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Sun Dec 15 15:40:11 UTC 2013

Hehe...

that caught your attention, didn't it?

I am thinking of switching to a time based release methodology. There
are a couple of weird obscure open source projects that have dabbled
with this and apparently this is working well for them... :-)

So for 4.1 this is mainly a crazy idea, but starting with 4.2 I really
want to do this.

Something like: a 4 weeks window to merge new features after a release.
Then 8 weeks of bug fixing, documenting, translating, and finally a week
to do the release. Which gives us quarterly releases.

Comments (besides the obvious "you're on drugs, Dirk")?