merge window for Subsurface 4.1 is open

Lutz Vieweg lvml at 5t9.de
Sun Dec 15 15:56:36 UTC 2013

On 12/16/2013 12:40 AM, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> that caught your attention, didn't it?

Yes, kind of...

> Comments (besides the obvious "you're on drugs, Dirk")?

I wonder whether an application for a very specific purpose
like subsurface should actually be expected to change often
enough to justify a time based release policy.

External events, like support for yet another new dive computer,
might be (from a user perspective) more relevant for choosing
when to publish another release.

Regards,

Lutz Vieweg

PS: I'm writing this on a laptop that I just had to boot with
an ancient linux-3.8 kernel just because the also installed
linux-3.11 kernel won't work with the darned USB-EtherNet
adapter... I wished the USB subsystem of Linux wasn't
on a time-based release lifecycle but on one that would only
turn into a release when no regression tests fail... :-(