A big thank you

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Sun Dec 15 23:29:25 UTC 2013

+1
I had meant to get involved but watching the activity here kind of scared
me off.  My hat is off to all of you.  I hope to do better in the future.

On Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 11:24 PM, Willem Ferguson <
willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za> wrote:

> Dirk and his team,
>
> There is a place where the diving community should thank you for what you
> have put into this project and this is probably the place The energy that
> you put into this was just amazing. The purposefulness of your leadership
> is really rock-solid. I do not think you knew exactly what you let yourself
> in for when you took over the Subsurface project. I have been involved in a
> few open source projects and have seen them split into several
> independently-named branches over issues immensely more trivial than that
> of e.g. the equivalent of a dive planner, or about screen layout. This has
> not even been a possibility here. The way that you kept everyone together
> and focused is a major achievement, given the complete rewrite of the UI.
> The other team members like Tomaz, Thiago and Ludomir were never vociferous
> on the mail list. They just did their updates, submitted the patches and
> got the work done. A very big thank you to all of you.
> Kind regards,
> willemf

Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

Please protect my address like I protect yours. When sending messages to
multiple recipients, use the BCC: (Blind carbon copy). Remove addresses
from a forwarded message body before clicking Send.