Install instructions

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Tue Dec 17 09:54:23 UTC 2013

On Tue, Dec 17, 2013 at 10:49 AM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> On Tue, 2013-12-17 at 17:21 +0000, Tim Wootton wrote:
> > On 17/12/13 14:33, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> > >
> > > This means that not only 'prefix' is missing - something is completely
> > > hosed:
> > >
> > >  BINDIR = $(prefix)/bin
> > >  DATADIR = $(prefix)/share
> > >  DESKTOPDIR = $(DATADIR)/applications
> > >
> > > Those two install instructions above install into BINDIR and DESKTOPDIR
> > >
> > > If those variables resolve to '//' then something is seriously wrong.
> > >

> > I'm seeing the same thing on my debian (Jessie) with subsurface freshly
> > cloned & tried both qmake and qmake-qt4
>
> OK - so this is broken.
>
> Frustrating that no one has noticed this in the 2.5 months we have used
> qmake until AFTER a release.
>
> /D

Likely due to people building a whole new environment where old hands may
have fixed the problem but not gotten updates in to the build
instructions.  Not really that unexpected.
--
Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

Please protect my address like I protect yours. When sending messages to
multiple recipients, use the BCC: (Blind carbon copy). Remove addresses
from a forwarded message body before clicking Send.