Uwatec Smart Z data download takes 1.5 hours for only 4 dives

s.sikkema at telfort.nl s.sikkema at telfort.nl
Mon Dec 23 03:46:07 UTC 2013

Dear Subsurface developers,
I became a great fan of Subsurface, especially since Uwatec's own SmartTrak no longer works fine with Wine. Subsurface is getting better and better each time.
I just updated to 4.0-41. Problem I have is that the download from my Smart Z dive computer takes about one and a half hours for the last four dives. The data transfer is thru an IR dongle, a SigmaTel STIR4200. The connected port is therefore irda0
I suspect the full memory is downloaded every time, in spite having the two options in the dive download dialogue window not checked. Else, the data transmission is dead slow. Nevertheless, it consumes quite some battery power. Is there a way I can check how many bytes have been transferred? Is there a way I can check the data transmission speed? Is something being logged?
Another small issue I encountered: the dive download dialogue window does not remember the irda0 port setting, but returns to /dev/ttyS31.
Hope you can provide assistance.
Sape