Move XSLT files into a Qt resource

Miika Turkia miika.turkia at gmail.com
Tue Dec 24 05:29:58 UTC 2013

On Mon, Dec 16, 2013 at 7:56 PM, Dirk Hohndel <dirk at hohndel.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 2013-12-16 at 09:09 -0800, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> > This patch series moves the .xslt files and the xslt/ subdir in the
> > installation into a Qt resource. That means it's in a read-only
> > section of memory instead of on disk. Benefits are that we don't need
> > to install and manage the files, nor play tricks to find them at
> > runtime. Drawbacks are that they are now always loaded into memory
> > (albeit in a read-only, thus sharable and discardable page) and
> > they'll most likely require decompression before use.
> >
> > If this is a direction we're comfortable with, I can look into doing
> > the same for other types of file resources.
>
> Give the issues we had with finding resources I am all for this.
> And I am reasonably certain that ALL of our OSs at this point page
> executables in on demand, anyway. So this shouldn't really make a big
> difference...

This patch broke the XSL transformations that use commonTemplates.xsl for
commonly used "functions". It seems that the file is found properly and
functions in there as well. However, for some reason e.g. time conversion
to seconds (time2sec) returns NaN. This used to work in 4.0 and it works
when running from commandline with xsltproc.

I tested to move the time2sec template to uddf-export.xsl (and removing the
inclusion of commonTemplates) and everything worked correctly. I just
cannot figure out why this is not working... and I do not really want to
duplicate code on every xsl file. Any ideas?

miika