Figures in manual

Willem Ferguson willemferguson at zoology.up.ac.za
Tue Dec 24 08:18:20 UTC 2013

On 24/12/2013 17:11, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-12-24 at 09:53 +0200, Willem Ferguson wrote:
>> It is much better if the image of the main Suburface screen also shows
>> the main menu. Prev image did not show that. This does.
> I am sorely tempted to replace all of the Ubuntu screenshots with
> something from a KDE desktop (which will likely give us the best look
> and feel). Having the menu ABOVE the window border just looks weird.
A few years ago I was involved with Amarok, pretty good audio/music play
and management software that I still use.  But in a certain sense this
was everything that open source software should NOT be about: a
religious belief in KDE and a total rejection of Gnome, and a split into
2 separate programs, currently named Amarok and Clementine because of
disagreement in the Amarok community. So my personal experience with KDE
has been rather negative.

If I do it in Gnome, would it be ok? I m not likely to get it done in
time for 4.01, partly because I will be out of town for the majority of
the next 3 weeks.  Its not just a matter of cut and paste. Quite a few
need editing or adjustment in Gimp to get the contrast right or to see
that the frames are delineated absolutely correctly and also in several
cases 2 or 3 images need to be merged into one single image. So I plan
to do the figures while I am on travels but I will only submit them
around Jan 23rd. Does this sound ok?

Kind regards,
Willem