Figures in manual

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Dec 24 08:50:26 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-12-24 at 14:30 -0200, Tomaz Canabrava wrote:

> But, my particular opinion as a KDE user:
>
> I prefer the gnome look'n feel. really.

:-)

> In all talks that I do I state that if KDE had the gnome designers,
> that would do a killer Desktop Enviroment.

Umm. Don't get Linus (or me) started on the Gnome designers.

I don't want to re-fight all these arguments here. The point was that I
wanted something for the manual that would look nice and consistent with
what most of our users experience. And more than two thirds of our users
are on Windows or Linux and less than a third on Mac or Ubuntu (at least
based on the long term web statistics).

If Willem is willing to install Gnome on his system and do all the extra
work - more power to him. I'd prefer something with the genuine Gnome
look and not the odd Ubuntu color choices, but again - Willem is doing
all the work, so I'm in no position to tell him what to do.