problems /improve suggestions for subsurface 4.x

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Tue Dec 24 09:52:46 UTC 2013

Hi Andrzej

On Sun, 2013-12-22 at 17:57 +0100, Andrzej Dopierała wrote:
> hello!
> Recently i upgraded subsurface to 4.x version.
> Few insights
> - it would be nice to put coordinates in misclious formats - for example
> google format, like:
> 52.344831,18.293489.
> But - for me i can't enter there any format, like N52° 20' 41.3916",
> E18° 17' 36.5604"
> form is red and after "save" doesnt' show on list

The preferred mode of input is the globe. Subsurface 4.0 only supports one format -
something like this:

N7° 16.29924' , E134° 14.74350'

(the hemisphere designators are localized, in case you would prefer
that)

I have added code in the development version that understands two more
formats - full minutes and seconds, or completely decimal (the two that
you suggested).

> - i don't know why, but after downloading divings from computer(uwatec
> aladin 2g), where i had only one diving since 2 months - it shows me few
> new divings, for example from yesterday, which doesnt' exists on computer.

That is very odd. Can you reproduce this? So if you start with an empty
dive log (Ctrl-N) and download from the dive computer, do you always get
dives that are not on the divecomputer?

> - i can't save information about used air - it shows correctly o2
> fraction from computer, but when i put start and end air pressure - they
> doesn't save.

It does for me, so I guess we need a little more information. You start
with a dive that was downloaded from your dive computer?