Some recent change completely broke the DC import

Dirk Hohndel dirk at hohndel.org
Thu Dec 26 09:12:18 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-12-26 at 18:05 +0100, Lutz Vieweg wrote:
> On 12/26/2013 05:48 PM, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> > That's 45 commits. Any chance you could bisect this?
>
> Not a good time to do this for me, as it's hard to retain
> "continuity" when doing completely different things in between
> screen-recording...

Understandable. I don't know if I'll have time to track this down today,
though. I just added a quick warning dialog that tells the user that
enabling the libdivecomputer dump will cause no dives to be saved...

> > Oh - reading these commits again. If you turn on the dump function, no
> > dives will get added... is that the problem?
>
> No, the no-dives-imported symptom occured also without turning the dump
> function on, I only turned it on in a second attempt to see if errors
> were logged, but there weren't any, just ordinary info messages.

Let me stare at the code some more - I had downloads working when I
checked this in... so something must be there that depends on other
circumstances.

So you can reproduce this by doing this:

start Subsurface
close current data file
start download from DC
pick your computer (which vendor / model? which device?)
start download
nothing in the dive list

Correct?