Some recent change completely broke the DC import

Lutz Vieweg lvml at 5t9.de
Thu Dec 26 09:38:43 UTC 2013

On 12/26/2013 06:12 PM, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> So you can reproduce this by doing this:
>
> start Subsurface
> close current data file
> start download from DC
> pick your computer (which vendor / model? which device?)

Suunto / D9 / /dev/ttyUSB0

> start download
> nothing in the dive list
>
> Correct?

Hmm... it's really somewhat weird, but when I just tried the above,
the import worked.

BUT then I exited subsurface and did:

   mv ~/subsurface ~/subsurface.bak
   ~/bin/subsurface
   ... then download from DC

(so instead of closing the current data file starting
with no ~/subsurface directory existing), and again the import
failed.

Another exit, another restart then import, and the import
worked again.

So my only way for reproduction currently is to start without
an existing ~/subsurface directory.

Regards,

Lutz Vieweg