Cressi Giotto

Jef Driesen jef at libdivecomputer.org
Sat Dec 28 05:53:04 UTC 2013

On 28-12-13 08:18, Léopold VALLAURI wrote:
> Is there any way to read data from the Cressi Giotto (looks like the same
> software like the Leonardo) or to import the file that the software produce
> (sample below) ?

If the Giotto is indeed very similar to the Leonardo, there is a good chance
they both use the same communication protocol. With some luck, it might even
work without any further changes. Just try and let us know!

If it works, I'll need a full memory dump to add it to the list of supported
devices. Download the universal app (pick the os of your choice):

http://www.libdivecomputer.org/builds/

and run it with these options:

./universal -v -l output.log -m output.bin -n "Cressi Leonardo" <serialport>

Of course, replace <serialport> with the correct serial port.

If it doesn't work, you'll have to capture the communication with portmon. The
procedure is described here:

http://www.libdivecomputer.org/contribute.html#protocol

Jef