Uwatec Smart Z data download takes 1.5 hours for only 4 dives

Linus Torvalds torvalds at linux-foundation.org
Mon Dec 30 11:22:33 UTC 2013

On Sun, Dec 29, 2013 at 10:43 PM, Jef Driesen <jefdriesen at telenet.be> wrote:

> It used to be possible to attach the irda subsystem to a pty. I successfully
> used this setup for testing libdivecomputer (see bottom) without needing any
> irda hardware:
>
> http://www.libdivecomputer.org/simulator.html

Ok, I'll try this. The documentation is a bit out of date and lacking,
though. I can do the setup (socat, ./configure --enable-pty=yes,
irattach etc), but:

 - for the irattach, modern binaries don't like doing

        irattach /tmp/ttyS0

   because apparently it will not recognize that name, try to do a
"modprobe /tmp/ttyS0", and that will fail. But I can work around that
by just directly doing something like "irattach /dev/pts/1" instead.

 - where is, and how do you actually *use* the simulator after doing
the setup? I guess I need an example dump from a Uwatek device too..

Hmm?

           Linus