Towards 3.0

Lutz Vieweg lvml at 5t9.de
Sun Feb 3 15:35:50 PST 2013

On 02/03/2013 10:44 PM, Dirk Hohndel wrote:
> So we need to make sure tooltips explain enough.

Yes. And, maybe, if we want to address the younger part of the
"lazy non-IT mob", we could create a screencast tutorial video.
It seems popular today to publish little video clips that show
how somebody uses a piece of software - even though such clips
are notoriously not a replacement for reference manuals, as
they show more like a "walkthrough" than systematically covering
all features.

> Suggestions what to do and where would be great.

If only I knew more how non-IT people tick. When there is opportunity,
I'll try to confront some divers with the task to import some dives
from my DC using my laptop running subsurface. Maybe such a
non-representative is good enough to reveal at least some of the points
non-ITers stumble upon.

>> In what technical form could you use web page contributions?
>> Maybe you could just add the .html files to the git repository?
>
> It's all done in Wordpress. Just send me translated text and I'll do the
> rest.

Ok, will do so in a separate mail (under a changed subject).

Regards,

Lutz Vieweg